Operation Downtown currently is currently hiring for the following position:
Des Moines: Clean Ambassador (Field)
This job reports to the Operations Manager.
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required.
This is a Full-Time position, working 1st Shift.
Ambassadors are responsible for providing a visible uniformed presence within the boundaries of the Business Improvement District (BID). They serve as goodwill ambassadors and act as a reporting mechanism for various downtown issues. Ambassadors are instrumental in providing information, directions, and assistance to downtown residents, workers, and visitors.
Ambassadors are responsible for conducting various cleaning tasks that improve the overall appearance of downtown. They maintain the outward appearance through a mixture of productivity enhancing equipment and manual litter collection. Clean Ambassadors provide litter collection, weed control and removal, graffiti removal, pressure washing and hospitality services.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Possess a valid state drivers license, if required to operate company vehicle to transport equipment and/or supplies
- Possess a drug free life style
- Possess a solid work ethic and a willingness to work where assigned
- Starting wage of $8.50
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid Birthday Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Training
- Six paid holidays
- Monetary recognition award programs
- $100 referral bonus
- Weekly Pay